Thursday, July 28, 2011

Inexpensive kitchen décor

Make something new out of things you have lying around. I had these bud vases that I haven’t used much and recently bought 18 gauge wire for a different project, so I decided to make a little kitchen décor. I cut a long piece of wire and wrapped it twice just under the lip of each vase. There are two screws in the wall next to the sink for some reason, and they were the perfect distance apart, so I wrapped the ends of the wire around the screws. Instantly, I had a unique place to put fresh or dried flowers or herbs!



Twist the wire around each vase

Wrap the ends of the wire around two screws or hooks
I also had some small metal pots and I did the same thing with those. I twisted three loops in the wire first. Then I put the pots in and hung it up. I think that was my favorite.
Make the loops first

Put the pots in the loops, then twist the ends of the wire around screws

Ta-da!

Try this with jars or any containers that have a lip at the top so the wire stays underneath.
(The vases and pots I used are both from Ikea.)





No comments: