Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas cards and gift tags no more…


I'm cheap and didn’t want to buy thank you cards for the Christmas presents we received this year. I also don’t like throwing things away. So I had a solution for both of those problems. Turn the Christmas tags and cards I had gotten into thank you cards! I began with a pack of plain white cards and envelopes. I already had these, but if you don’t, you can buy 50 of them for under $10 on amazon.com.

What started as a "Season's Greetings" card with an adorable snowman on it, ended up as a simple thank you card. I used my paper cutter to cut the snowman off from the front of the card, and double-sided tape to stick it onto my blank white card. 


Pretty gift tags are the easiest to work with because usually the writing is on the back of the tag. I had a few tags from last Christmas that worked perfectly.



 



One card I left almost as is, just cutting out the front and putting it on a blank card.


I used the back of the card and a small piece of wrapping paper to make a second card as well.


A Charlie Brown card fit perfectly on a blank card once I cut off the greeting.



I used two cards to make the next one - the front of one and the back of a second.

 

This would work well with wrapping paper or ribbon as well. Be creative!



No comments: