Friday, December 16, 2011

Brown Paper Packages Tied up With String...

Ok, I really don’t like that song, but as I was wrapping presents I couldn’t get it out of my head. I decided to wrap my Christmas presents in brown paper this year. I hate not having wrapping paper for the other times of year because all I have is Christmas paper, so this year, I decided to buy a roll of brown paper, and that could serve as my everything paper – birthdays, Christmas, and whatever else I happened to want to wrap. You can buy brown paper from Target or any other store that selling wrapping paper or mailing supplies. I love how thick it is compared to some of the thin cheap wrapping paper out there. I think this idea would be beautiful with white paper as well.

Not only is it economical, but I think it looks beautiful to have such simple presents under the tree.  I love the look of all the paper looking the same so the beautiful ribbon can stand out. And saving money on wrapping paper allowed me to spend money on ribbon. I bought various types of ribbon that I have mixed and matched. My favorites are the red and white raffia and the scalloped felt ribbon from World Market. These are a few of my favorite things...
Merry Christmas!

No comments: