Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tomato cage Christmas tree


At the end of the summer, after we've gotten our 5ish tomatoes from our usually pathetic looking tomato plant, the tomato cage just sits on the deck for the rest of the year. Until now... thanks to Pinterest, I now have a free lit Christmas "tree" on my deck! Just turn the tomato cage upside down, bend the ends together to make a point, and wrap white lights around it. It's as simple as that!

Excited that Christmas is approaching...












 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made a tree in a similar (but much more difficult) way about 10 years ago. I had about 10 feet of really short metal fencing that I cut into triangles, twisted them together and wrapped with a string of green lights from Walmart. I sat out in my parent's yard one year and has been in their garage ever since. I've been meaning to take it off their hands for a while...maybe now that we have a house. :)
JenK