Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Simple Thanksgiving table decor

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time of year that we often rush through because we look forward to Christmas decorating and shopping. I have to admit, I am guilty of that. I look forward to Christmas so much and just cannot wait for the day after Thanksgiving so I can decorate and listen to Christmas music (although I usually cheat on the Christmas music). However, Thanksgiving is such an important day. Although we have so much to be thankful for all throughout the year, it is good for us to take a day to remember how truly blessed we are. That is what I want to teach my son to do!

Since Thanksgiving is focused around the dinner table, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite simple table decorations. I like using natural elements, such as flowers, pumpkins, or twigs in containers that I have around the house or that I've found at thrift stores. These don't require a lot of money or time, but will make your table a little more special.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Fall-colored flowers in rectangular vase (from Houzz)
 
 
A ceramic utensil holder holds fresh autumn-colored flowers and large wooden spools from Etsy hold fall leaves (from Country Living).




Orange fruits and vegetables in a simple white footed bowl (from Martha Stewart)



Simple and classic Thanksgiving centerpiece 12 Unique Thanksgiving Decoration Ideas
Mini pumpkins and leaves on a cake pedestal (from the Pioneer Woman)
 


Wrap leaves around potted plants and place in small glass vases


pumpkin table runner bhg
Make a table runner out of small pumpkins, ribbon, and real or faux berries (from Better Homes and Gardens)


 
 
 
And when the day after Thanksgiving does roll around and you're feeling full of turkey and tired, stay home and go shopping online instead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law has some of the spools (like in the 2nd picture) and she uses them as candle holders. They are just the right size.
JenK