Friday, August 31, 2012

BLTs and red wine

It's been a long week for me but mostly for my husband, so he asked me to pick up a bottle of red wine if I went out today. This morning I went on a walk downtown to go to the library and grocery store. On my way, I smelled the wonderful aroma of bacon. It made me want to go out for breakfast. I texted my hubby to tell him that, and he came up with the idea to have BLTs for dinner. Mmmm...I never pass up a meal that's centered around bacon.

The key to a great BLT is thick white bread (I like it toasted), mayo, thick bacon (and a lot of it), iceberg lettuce, and a thick slice of tomato.

We also like BLTs with a fried egg on them and maybe even a slice of cheese. Our friend made them for us with Monterey Jack cheese and a fried egg...we called them BLECTs. The name's not the most appetizing, but they are SO good.

Tonight, however, we decided to stick with the basics and pair it with red wine. Yum! Perfect Friday night dinner. And the leftover bread and bacon can be French toast and bacon tomorrow morning.

Happy long weekend!

No comments: