Monday, May 28, 2012

Citrus Thank-Yous

I’ve been writing a lot of thank-yous lately for all of the baby presents I’ve been getting. I just ran out of thank you cards and rather than buying more, I decided to make some since I already had some blank white cards. I am definitely an amateur painter, so I never want to try painting anything too detailed or complicated. I tried making a few animal cards, but those didn’t turn out great. They looked like a kid had done them, but they weren’t as cute as anything a kid would make. I was browsing through my pins on Pinterest and saw some citrus coasters made out of felt. I have been wanting to make these for myself or as a gift. Then it struck me...paint citrus fruits on cards. Lemons and limes are just a circle and a bunch of sectors… geometry! I can do that! Here’s how they turned out. I think they’re pretty cute. And pretty easy – all you need is a paintbrush and acrylic paint from the craft store. I was in a lemon and lime mood, but you would also paint oranges and grapefruits too.



No comments: